Friday, July 8, 2011

Back with Jack


Well, we finally made it back to Salzburg and are settled back in. It really feels like home now since Jack finally got to come with us. You don't even know how happy I am!

The plane ride went well. Jack has never really been in a crate for very long, so I was quite worried how he would do under my seat knowing I was so close. I gave him an anxiety pill I got from the vet just to make sure he was okay. After all the lights were out on the plane and everyone was sleeping, I snuck him out and put him on my lap under the blanket for a few hours. He was pretty happy about this. No one even noticed and we just passed out. On the way home from Munich, he was anxious but that's normal since he's not a huge fan of car rides.

When we got to our flat, Jack was quite confused about the elevator. I didn't even realize he had never been in one. As soon as we opened the door, he checked out his new pad. To be honest, I don't think he liked it very much. He is not a fan of the hardwood floors and has attempted to jump on the couch and has fallen a couple of times because it was so slick. I'm sure he'll get used to it though.

This morning when I woke up, I could tell Jack was really jetlagged. That, or he is really sad. He slept all night and morning and still hasn't eaten anything. I'm starting to get worried about the little guy.

Today, I left him at the apartment for 3 hours so I could go to the pool with some friends. Jack was not happy about this and started crying as soon as I closed the front door. I went back inside and gave him some sweet kisses before I left again.

I am pretty bummed that he is not as excited about being here as I am but that is to be expected. I'm sure he misses my Mom's dogs, Gracie and Allie, but will get used to it soon enough. I have taken him almost everywhere with me so far, including the grocery store, so hopefully he won't feel too lonely when he's with me.

I sure do hope he likes it here. I couldn't imagine life without him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment